Flexibility abounds with the Retractable Fit Mesh Gate from Toddleroo by North States. The 4-point mounting brackets allow the retractable baby gate to be hardware mounted on the inside or outside of a door frame, or two walls that are not directly across from each other as the gate easily swivels to accommodate most angled walls. Spacers are included to accommodate for thickness of baseboards. This extra-wide baby gate is ideal for openings up to 55” and can be used at the bottom of stairs, doorways or hallways. To close the gate, simply unlock and pull the vertical rod to stretch the mesh gate across the opening, then set into the latching brackets until the green indicator appears. When opening the gate for everyday use, unlock the swivel latch and retract the gate fully back into its housing. Need to move the gate entirely out of the way? It is very lightweight, so release the entire gate from the mounting brackets for easy portability. The mesh panel of the gate measures 33” high and is easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth. Every Toddleroo by North States baby gate is JPMA and ASTM certified. NOTE: this gate is hardware mounted only.
- Location: Between Rooms/Hallways, Extra-Wide Openings/Barrier, Various
- Width: Adjusts to fit up to 55" wide
- Mounting: Hardware Mount
- Height: 33"
- Material: Metal & Mesh
- Color: Black
- Mesh panel retracts fully to open with no threshold to step over
- Retracts fully when not in use or lightweight to remove completely from mounting brackets
- Simple to use latching system for everyday use with red and green indicators for safety in locking and unlocking
- Spacers included to accommodate varying thickness of baseboards
- Mounting system allows for the gate to mounted in any angle, between doorways or on outside of doors
- JPMA and ASTM certified
Do you make an adapter that will let me mount my hardware-mounted gate as a pressure-mounted gate so I do not have to drill holes in my wall?
We do not manufacture, or recommend using, an adapter to alter the way our hardware mounted gates install. All of our Hardware-Mounted Baby Gates must be attached directly to a solid surface such as a wooden stud. This will require drilling holes into the surface.
Can I use wall anchors to install my gate into drywall?
Our Hardware-Mounted Baby Gates should not be installed using anchors. Because drywall anchors have a maximum limit as to how much weight they can withstand, it cannot be guaranteed that the gate will not dislodge and pull from the wall when mounted with an anchor, which could lead to damage or injury. Hardware mounted gates require a solid surface, such as a wooden stud, to be properly installed.
Can I add an extension to my hardware-mounted metal gate?
Not all of our gates have the option to increase its width with extensions. If your gate has additional extensions available, they will be found in our Baby Gate Extensions section of our website. Because extensions are not universal but are exclusive to the gate, the easiest way to find them is to search with the 4-digit model number of the gate. If the gate has additional extensions available for purchase, they will show in the results. Otherwise, the product page of your specific gate will also offer any available extensions that can be purchased separately.
What is the width of the swinging door on my metal gate?
The width of the swinging door will vary among models.
- The swinging door on Model 4928/4934/4944/4954 is 25.5 inches.
- The swinging door on Model 4929/4930/4936 is 16 inches.
- The swinging door on Model 4957 is 16.5 inches.
What is the space between the bars of my hardware-mounted baby gate?
The distance between the bars will vary among models.
- The distance between the bars on model 4630 is 2.75”.
- The distance between the bars on model 4649 is 2.75”.
- The distance between the bars on Model 4928/4934/4944/4954 is 2.25”.
- The distance between the bars on Model 4929/4930/4936 is 2.25”.
- The distance between the bars on Model 4957 is 2.25”.
- The distance between the bars on Model 4986 2.5”.
- The distance between the bars on Model 5050/5052 is 2.5”.
- The distance between the bars on Model 5150/5151 is 2.25”.