Any questions or comments about this policy should be directed to us at email@example.com.
We want to build on the loyal relationship North States Industries, Inc. has with its visitors and customers. Our commitment to you begins with respecting your privacy. As you choose to share your interests and preferences with us, we will be able to make your online experience with us more enjoyable and rewarding.
- If you choose to provide us with personal information, we will be better able to reciprocate by providing you a more personalized experience over time. Providing information to us is your choice, but may be necessary for certain functions of this website, such as purchasing goods and services.
- We will contact you by e-mail regarding products and services if you provide us with your e-mail address and you may opt out of such e-mails. You'll be able to use your "My Account" page to make decisions about the goods and services you tell us are of interest to you.
- We may ask you to tell us what you like and what we should add or change and you may opt out of such requests.
Types and Uses of Information Collected from You
North States Industries, Inc. collects a variety of information in several ways.
Generally, you can visit our site without revealing any personal information about yourself. At times, though, we may need information about you. Unless otherwise indicated, the information we request is optional. We will specify which information is mandatory at the appropriate data entry points. If you chose to provide us with personal information that we, or the companies doing business with us, may need (for example, to process an order or to correspond with you), we will use such information in accordance with this policy. If you ask us to not use this information as a basis for further contact with you, we will respect your request and will not contact you except to fulfill the order or other service for which you supplied your personal information. Our site collects information from our registration form, contact us form, order form, e-mail signup, product registration forms, online surveys, and other contest or subscription registration forms that may be displayed on our website. At these places, we ask you to give us contact information (like name, email address, and personal interests). On certain occasions our website will provide online shopping functionality. While it's necessary to provide your credit card information at the time you make a purchase, we don't store your credit card information on our servers.
- We may use your personal information to send you information about our company and its products and services including without limitation to provide you with products and services you have expressed interest in and/or purchased. We may also use your personal information to send you promotional material from other businesses doing business with us. As stated, except for communications necessary to complete transactions with you, you may opt-out of being contacted in the future. We will not use the information entered on the product registration page for any purpose other than to notify you of product recalls or safety issues associated with the product(s) you registered.
- We may use unique identifiers to verify your identity, for use in our record system, and for marketing purposes.
- We may use financial information about you to check your qualifications for making purchases and bill you for products ordered and services used. When you transmit credit card information to us, the credit card information is encrypted with SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.
- We may use demographic and profile data to tailor your experience at our site. This data allows us to show you content that we think you might be interested in and to display content according to your preferences.
- We may perform statistical analyses of your behaviors and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site and to inform advertisers of such information, as well as the number of visitors that have been exposed to or clicked on their advertising banners.
- North States Industries, Inc. reserves the right to contact you regarding account status, changes to the subscriber/visitor agreement, and other matters relevant to the underlying service and/or the information collected.
You may also tell us your exact location if you choose to enable your computer or mobile device to send us location information and such functionality is enabled in any North States mobile application or website. We may use and store information about your location for purposes such as providing features of our services and to improve and customize the services, as well as in data analysis such as to determine website usage trends.
We may keep track of how you interact with links across our services, including our email notifications. We do this to help improve our services and to be able to analyze aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on. This website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other sites. You should check the privacy policies of these other websites when providing personally identifiable information.
Information From Your Computer
Our site recognizes information about your computer, such as the browser, operating system, IP address, and the home server from which you access the Internet. We may also collect information regarding the clickstream to, though, and from the website, including date and time, your mobile carrier, and device type. We keep track of the domains from which people visit our site. Your IP address is used to help identify you and your shopping cart, gather broad demographic data, identify trends and statistics, help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. We normally do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information; however, when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our terms of service or to protect our service, site, customers, visitors, or others, we may use IP addresses to identify a visitor.
North States may employ Web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs), which are customized links or similar technologies, when sending you messages, newsletters, or promotional emails. Web beacons allow North States to (a) determine whether you have opened, or acted upon, a promotional email and which links you have clicked on in order to deliver to you more focused communications and other content, (b) allow North States to count the number of users who have visited certain webpages and effectively deliver co-branded services, and (c) enable North States to compile aggregated statistics and determine the efficacy of promotions by using Web beacons from third parties, without allowing such third parties to use Web beacons to collect or access your Personal Information.
Third-Party Service Providers
North States may use a variety of third-party services to help provide our services, such as hosting our website and mobile application services, and to help us understand the use of our services, such as through Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google Fonts. We supplement information received from you with information received from third parties. Outside advertising companies display advertisements on our site, some of which may contain cookies or other tracking devices. We do not control these cookies or other tracking devices. These third-party service providers may collect, store, and share information as further dictated by the Privacy Policies of those third parties.
Access to Personal Information for Reviewing, Editing, and/or Removing
You may, at any time, review, edit, and/or remove any information we have stored on you by contacting www.northstatesind.com through e-mail at CustomerService@northstatesind.com. We will comply with any request to review, edit, or remove information.
Sharing of Your Information
We may at our discretion share information you provide to us or information we collect about you with other companies. For example, and without limitation, aggregated demographic and profile data as well as IP address information may be distributed to other companies doing business with us to provide them with information about our visitors. In addition, with the exception of your password, we may share cookie and web beacon information with third parties. As indicated above, we share some customer data with advertising companies. We reserve the right to distribute your information to third parties at any time, unless you opt-out by asking us to remove your information from our databases and discontinue providing you with information. We reserve the right to sell, rent, lease, or otherwise distribute any information we obtain on or from you to third parties. In addition to the situations described above, we may disclose visitor information in special instances when we have reason to believe disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interfering with North States Industries, Inc.'s rights or property, other northstatesind.com visitors, or anyone else. We may disclose visitor information when subpoenaed, for government investigations, and when we otherwise believe in good faith that the law requires it.
Other Information Practices
North States Industries, Inc. cannot and does not ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services. You transmit information to us at your own risk. However, when you transmit credit card information to us, the credit card information is encrypted with SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. Once we receive your transmission, we and our vendors make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Do Not Track
Changes to this Policy
5455 Highway 169 N Plymouth, MN 55442
Toll Free: (800) 848-8421
Corporate Office: (763) 486-1754
Effective Date: March 1, 2014.
© 2023 North States Industries, Inc., All Rights Reserved