Create a safe place for your child to play with the versatility of a Superyard Duo. America's favorite play yard can now act as an extra-wide barrier with the use of the included wall mount kit. It’s the perfect solution for homes with open floor plans or large spaces that need blocking off. Fits openings from 38 ½ inches to over 16 feet wide. Configure to Your Space: When used as a barrier, the hardware should be mounted into solid materials such as wood, metal or a stud behind sheet rock. To accommodate different sized openings, add or remove panels up to six. The hinges on the Superyard allow you to move the panels independently for the perfect fit. Stretch the panels straight across or at an angle, the choice is yours. The wall mounts secure the panels from wall to wall and fit over crown molding with ease. No need to worry about scratching or slipping, each Superyard comes with skid-resistant pads. These pads help to keep the barrier stable when on hard surfaces. Mounting Made Easy: It's all included in the box - a 6 panel Superyard, wall mount kit with wall hinges, screws and mounting connectors. Simply follow the step-by-step instructions provided for easy installation. Note: It is not recommended to use the wall mount kit with Superyard® Ultimate models, 8 panel versions of the Superyard® or any U-shaped door panels. Not for use at the top of stairs. Free-Standing Yard: Position as a hexagon and your extra-wide barrier instantly becomes a free-standing play yard, creating a safe play space for use indoors or outdoors. In this shape, it encloses up to 18.5 square feet - that’s 5 ½ feet corner to corner. Safe for your child, peace of mind for you. For use with children 6 to 24 months of age. Every Toddleroo by North States play yard is JPMA and ASTM certified. Proudly made in the USA.
- Location: Extra-Wide Openings/Barrier, Free-Standing Enclosure
- Width: As a barrier, measures over 16 feet wide. When used as a play yard, encloses 18.5 square feet, or over 5 feet corner to corner
- Mounting: Free-Standing, Hardware Mount
- Height: 26"
- Material: Plastic
- Color: Gray
- Location: Free-Standing Enclosure/ Extra-Wide Barrier
- Versatile: Six-panel enclosure can act as a barrier or a portable play yard.
- Hardware mount as a barrier to block of display and fireplaces or extra-large spaces.
- Adjustable: The self-locking hinges on the gate panels allow you to adjust to your space. Wall mount fits easily above base trim.
- Non-Skid Pads: Works on carpet, tile, hardwood floors, etc. without scratching
- JPMA and ASTM certified
- Proudly made in the USA
Do you make a door for the plastic Superyard?
The door panel is not sold separately but can be purchased as part of a 2-panel extension directly from this website. We offer it in three different models:
- Colorplay Two-Panel Door Extension| model #8752
- Two-Panel Ivory Door Extension| model #8772
- Two-Panel Gray Door Extension| model #8651
The door panel extension is only available in the above colors and can be used with our 4-panel and 6-panel plastic play yards. It should not be used with our 8-panel play yards as 8 is the maximum number of panels that can be used at once.
My plastic Superyard does not fold easily. How do I fold the plastic Superyard?
The Superyard is manufactured to be tight to give the yard added strength and stability. If the joints were not stiff, it could easily collapse when pressure is put on it, posing a safety hazard. Please note that the yard folds like an accordion. The panels can only be folded in one direction at the joint and if there is force put on it as it is being folded the wrong way, there is a risk of the plastic cracking. View our plastic play yard instructional video here.
Can I connect two plastic Superyards together? What is the maximum number of panels that can be used with the Superyard?
We do not recommend using more than 8 panels at one time. It is certified by the JPMA with the use of only 8 panels or less. When more than 8 are used, the stability of the product will be compromised and it could collapse. Additionally, we only recommend using the 8-panel yard in the shape of a square or octagon. If you are using 6 panels, it is recommended to be set up only as a hexagon. This is so that the same amount of tension is placed on each of the joints, increasing its stability.
Can I stretch the Superyard out into one long gate? Do you have something to attach it to an opening?
The six-panel classic Superyard can act as an extra-wide barrier with the use of a Superyard Wall Mount Kit. It’s the perfect solution for homes with open floor plans or large spaces that need blocking off. It will fit openings from 38 1/2 inches to over 16 feet wide. It is not recommended to use the wall mounts with more than 6 panels or with any panels that contain the U-shaped door panel.
What are the measurements of my Superyard?
- Each panel is 26 inches high and 32 inches wide.
- If your Superyard contains a door panel, the width of the swinging door is 23 inches wide.
- The space between the panels is approximately 2 ¼ inches wide.
- Each diamond hole is approximately 1 ½ inches high and 1 ¼ inches wide.
- The 4-panel square enclosure is 6.89 square feet and 2 ½ feet across (side to side).
- The 6-panel hexagon enclosure is 18.5 square feet and 5 ½ feet across (corner to corner).
- The 8-panel octagon enclosure is 34.4 square feet and 6 ½ to 7 feet across (corner to corner).
Do you sell replacement panels for the Superyard?
Regular replacement panels can be ordered by using the search feature located at the top of any page and searching with the 4-digit model number or name of the product. All individual panels will show in the results, allowing you to add to your cart accordingly. Alternately, you can search through all Superyard replacement parts here.
Do you make an adapter that will let me mount my hardware-mounted gate as a pressure-mounted gate so I do not have to drill holes in my wall?
We do not manufacture, or recommend using, an adapter to alter the way our hardware mounted gates install. All of our Hardware-Mounted Baby Gates must be attached directly to a solid surface such as a wooden stud. This will require drilling holes into the surface.
Can I use wall anchors to install my gate into drywall?
Our Hardware-Mounted Baby Gates should not be installed using anchors. Because drywall anchors have a maximum limit as to how much weight they can withstand, it cannot be guaranteed that the gate will not dislodge and pull from the wall when mounted with an anchor, which could lead to damage or injury. Hardware mounted gates require a solid surface, such as a wooden stud, to be properly installed.
Can I add an extension to my hardware-mounted metal gate?
Not all of our gates have the option to increase its width with extensions. If your gate has additional extensions available, they will be found in our Baby Gate Extensions section of our website. Because extensions are not universal but are exclusive to the gate, the easiest way to find them is to search with the 4-digit model number of the gate. If the gate has additional extensions available for purchase, they will show in the results. Otherwise, the product page of your specific gate will also offer any available extensions that can be purchased separately.
What is the width of the swinging door on my metal gate?
The width of the swinging door will vary among models.
- The swinging door on Model 4928/4934/4944/4954 is 25.5 inches.
- The swinging door on Model 4929/4930/4936 is 16 inches.
- The swinging door on Model 4957 is 16.5 inches.
What is the space between the bars of my hardware-mounted baby gate?
The distance between the bars will vary among models.
- The distance between the bars on model 4630 is 2.75”.
- The distance between the bars on model 4649 is 2.75”.
- The distance between the bars on Model 4928/4934/4944/4954 is 2.25”.
- The distance between the bars on Model 4929/4930/4936 is 2.25”.
- The distance between the bars on Model 4957 is 2.25”.
- The distance between the bars on Model 4986 2.5”.
- The distance between the bars on Model 5050/5052 is 2.5”.
- The distance between the bars on Model 5150/5151 is 2.25”.
The wall mounts are missing upon opening the packaging.
The wall mount kit is packaged under a cardboard pocket and is easily overlooked when checking the inside of the box if the box was only opened at one end. If you open the other end of the packaging, you will find the wall mounts nestled within a pocket.
Can I add a walk-through door panel to the Superyard Duo Barrier Gate?
As listed in the warning section of the instruction manual, it is not recommended to use a door panel with model 8671. It is only recommended to be used with 6 or less classic panels. Using a door panel (or more than 6 classic panels) will cause the barrier to be less stable and it may collapse leading to damage or injury.
The wall hinges on each side of the mounted barrier contain a locking boss which allows the attached end panel to easily be disconnected, allowing you to enter or exit through the barrier.
Can I buy a second set of wall hinges to mount the Superyard in more than one place?
While the individual components for mounting the panels are not sold separately, the Superyard Wall Mount Kit contains the wall hinges, mounting connectors, and screws. It can be purchased on our website in the Play Yard Accessories section.