Keep your child safe and secure with the Essential Stairway & Walkway Gate. The sturdy steel metal construction and crisp white finish will complement any home decor. Enjoy the ease of one-handed operation and the security of the safety latch design. This gate has no threshold to step over and will not swing out over the stairs. For added convenience, the entire gate will remove easily when not in use. The Essential Stairway & Walkway Gate is the ideal gate for the top of the stairs and other locations in your home measuring 24.5 - 40.25 inches wide and is 30 inches high. Safe for pets too! Every Toddleroo by North States baby gate is JPMA and ASTM certified.
- Location: Between Rooms/Hallways, Top of Stairs, Various
- Width: Adjusts to fit 24.5" - 40.25" wide
- Mounting: Hardware Mount
- Height: 30"
- Material: Metal
- Color: White
- Secure safety-latch design with easy one-hand operation
- Easily swings to close
- No threshold to step over - will not swing over steps
- Steel construction in a decorative white finish with complement any home décor
- Entire gate removes easily when not in use
- JPMA and ASTM certified
Do you make an adapter that will let me mount my hardware-mounted gate as a pressure-mounted gate so I do not have to drill holes in my wall?
We do not manufacture, or recommend using, an adapter to alter the way our hardware mounted gates install. All of our Hardware-Mounted Baby Gates must be attached directly to a solid surface such as a wooden stud. This will require drilling holes into the surface.
Can I use wall anchors to install my gate into drywall?
Our Hardware-Mounted Baby Gates should not be installed using anchors. Because drywall anchors have a maximum limit as to how much weight they can withstand, it cannot be guaranteed that the gate will not dislodge and pull from the wall when mounted with an anchor, which could lead to damage or injury. Hardware mounted gates require a solid surface, such as a wooden stud, to be properly installed.
Can I add an extension to my hardware-mounted metal gate?
Not all of our gates have the option to increase its width with extensions. If your gate has additional extensions available, they will be found in our Baby Gate Extensions section of our website. Because extensions are not universal but are exclusive to the gate, the easiest way to find them is to search with the 4-digit model number of the gate. If the gate has additional extensions available for purchase, they will show in the results. Otherwise, the product page of your specific gate will also offer any available extensions that can be purchased separately.
What is the width of the swinging door on my metal gate?
The width of the swinging door will vary among models.
- The swinging door on Model 4928/4934/4944/4954 is 25.5 inches.
- The swinging door on Model 4929/4930/4936 is 16 inches.
- The swinging door on Model 4957 is 16.5 inches.
What is the space between the bars of my hardware-mounted baby gate?
The distance between the bars will vary among models.
- The distance between the bars on model 4630 is 2.75”.
- The distance between the bars on model 4649 is 2.75”.
- The distance between the bars on Model 4928/4934/4944/4954 is 2.25”.
- The distance between the bars on Model 4929/4930/4936 is 2.25”.
- The distance between the bars on Model 4957 is 2.25”.
- The distance between the bars on Model 4986 2.5”.
- The distance between the bars on Model 5050/5052 is 2.5”.
- The distance between the bars on Model 5150/5151 is 2.25”.